Thursday, January 21, 2010

Windows- Apryl Corbin- 1.21.10

This photo was taken by Ralph Eugene Meatyard. Libby had mentioned him in class and I cannot express how much I am in love with this weird soul...his photos anyhow. This is one of my favorite window pictures of all time. The mystery and irritating vibration that resounds from looking at it stresses me out and makes me happy all at the same time. Not many things in this world can do that!! But when it happens...Bliss...this. The way Meatyard makes you stare at the image leaving light casts mocking the windows, it's almost as if a conversation is being held between the lights in the photograph. The way his camera shook when taking the eerie photo makes you wonder if it is a happy accident or intentional. Its just "yummy" in Libby's words. There is movement in the photo and tention in the movemet which balances to greatness. Man, I can't wait to go window shooting!

1 comment: