Monday, September 9, 2013

Christy Campbell submits David Goldes

                                                                           
 I stumbled upon David Goldes while researching ideas for the Table, Wall, Corner assignment.  I found his setups simple but intriguing.  He uses everyday objects and transforms them into something else.  The lighting is not extreme but he illuminates his objects well.  Goldes uses objects such as string to move water, or make a mold of an object.  What I appreciate most is the simplicity of his photographs but they are still engaging.  After doing some research I found that he received his bachelor's degree in biology and chemistry which makes his work seem appropriate.  The way he dissects the objects and puts them back together speaks to his scientific background.  I included the link to his website so you can check out his other pieces.

http://www.davidgoldes.com

No comments:

Post a Comment