Sunday, January 31, 2010

Courtney 1/29


I was stumbling (fun app on the computer for surfing specific topics) when I came across a photographer named Nikki Graziano. She takes photos of seemingly boring nature scenes. She then incorporates her love of math. She overlays her photos with graphs and formulas, transforming them into something infinitely more interesting (at least to me). Her photos are fascinating to me for their natural beauty, mixed with a really technical side. They remind me of the photos I have seen by Jay Gould. He overlays with scientific data, and gives the same technical feeling to his photos. I keep saying I want to do some work with writing and these are great inspiration. Hopefully coming soon in my final project for this semester.

1 comment:

  1. A new person for me Courtney, where did you find her work? It is interesting to see her take on adding the diagrammatic information to the images. Now you just have to try some stuff and see where you go with it.

    ReplyDelete