Saturday, October 10, 2009

ZORIAH-- Bianca Pitman 10/10/09




Tonight I found Zoriah. This photographer travels to document real life in war and poverty. He has been in over 60 countries and lived in more than 20 of them to document the stories. He has been published in just about every documentary magazine. His images have been used on many documentary tv shows. He is an amazing photographer. This is exactly the type of work I would have loved to have done! This work makes me feel like I need to hurry up and get out there. The images above are that of some children in Kenya. One is of a little girl looking through a doorway. I love the focus in this image. The other is of a child looking for food ina dump site. What is so amazing is that it is almost like looking for Waldo. It takes awhile to find the figure--and then you understand that they are standing under a mountain of trash to find dinner. sad. This is so telling. This is my kind of photography!!!!! YAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment