Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Derrick Massey reviews Shaun Ryken

Shaun Ryken was born in Canada. He went to college with a degree in digital photography and is self taught in the Adobe Suite. With a lot of practice and development he is a self-titled "Instagram Photoshop Manipulation Expert". He takes photos and, with heavy use of Photoshop, recreates the images and scenes to create surreal works that blow the minds of many of his viewers, including myself.

Over time, his style has evolved from his initial nature and travel themes to more surreal creations with specific color palettes. 

This new style, though initially confusing to me because of what I was used to seeing him post, began to catch my interest over time. Seeing these new images showed even more possibilities in the realm of photography and photo editing. It's not something I'd pursue any time soon but seeing this type of creativity helps spark ideas for my own personal projects. 

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for the article Derrick. I have just recently found this and I appreciate and love the kind words towards my work.

    ReplyDelete