Thursday, November 3, 2011

Andrea Couture submits Blue Mitchell




Blue Mitchell is a photographer that Libby suggested I look at. All of the images above are from his "Mythos" project, but I suggest looking at his other work too. This work has a dream like quality to it and shows the early moments in an experience. After Mitchell has composed a photograph he uses a transfer process and adheres his image to wood panels. After attaching his photo to the wood he covers the image in a gloss, then leaves it as is, without a frame. This process definitely enhances these images and I would love to see them in person. The care Mitchell takes with each image is definitely apparent in his final pieces. There seems to be a sense of importance with each piece. I feel that this is an important aspect to this body of work because these beginnings of experiences become very important pivotal moments.
These images definitely inspire me to keep working with my "Other Worldly" project.
Thanks for the suggestion Libby...I'm in love with this work.

Here's his website:

No comments:

Post a Comment