Monday, November 7, 2011

Stephanie Price submits Keliy Anderson-Staley




I was researching ideas for my tin types when I came across artist Keliy Anderson-Staley. She uses a wet plate collodion process ( artist shown coating plates above) with her 4x5 camera. This is a process that was popular in the 1850's. Her Imagined Family Heirlooms series (shown above) made me think of our project Cabinet of Curiosity. She has assembled photos(tin type) and objects she has collected to create this almost eery assemblage of a family's history. Its an interesting modern take on the technique and the collection of this imaginary family is very interesting, makes me re-think my cabinet of curiosity and how much more depth my images could potentially show.

http://www.andersonstaley.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment