Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Yvette Coronado submits Nikki S. Lee

Nikki S. Lee is a New York based artist who is not only a photographer, but also a filmmaker. Lee's photography is based on her transformation into different characters and subcultures. Her
disguises allow her to transcend class, race, and gender. This photo is taken from Lee's series entitled, Parts 2002-2005. In Parts, Lee is seen photographed with different men, in which we only can see certain parts of the men. Lee has said of her series,"I adopted the cliche of cutting pictures to show personal identity is affected by other people and different kinds of relationships." Libby suggested that I look into Lee's work and I admit I am truly enlightened by it. I enjoy Lee's snapshot aesthetic and her photos play like part documentary and part performance.
You can see more of Nikki S. Lee's work at http://www.tonkonow.com/lee.html

No comments:

Post a Comment