Monday, January 29, 2018

Jessica Just Reviews Poramit Thantapalit

Puzzles, patterns, and assemblage are the concerns of photographic/sculptural artists Poramit Thantapalit. I have been searching for artists who work more sculpturally, as I have been working on finding different techniques in order to further a project i am working on (see below. Cubes are .5inches to 2 inches). I discovered this artist recently, after I had already began this project last semester. I have enjoyed creating something tangible for the audience to move and interact with, and perhaps this project is something that alt-process could extend into. Thantapalit's work is fragmenting the human form literally with plexiglass cubes, as well as utilizing both Cyanotype and Van Dyke for the imagery.
    This work didn't stand out to me conceptually when it came to the content of the photos, but the use of stacking and alt-process was intriguing and beneficial for me to look at.



No comments:

Post a Comment