Monday, November 1, 2010

Carolyn King posts Ka-Man Tse




I am utterly confused. This guy's got some really interesting, titles (how to address the fog, how to build small boats) for his work, really intriguing, but none of the work reflects the title.. The photos are as obscure as his titles and overlap and spill over into other bodies of work as if he's just sticking names to various and disparate photos to try and be "contemporary." I do enjoy the composition of some of the phot
os, and the extremely unique subject matter photographed in interesting ways. I just wish I thought like him or that his work stood enough on its own not to warrant an artist's statement. I'm struggling to find an excuse to see how these photographs fit together, so I'll stop, and enjoy them as interesting pictures, not as a body of work.


http://www.tsewhat.com/main.html



1 comment: