Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Blair Bodden submits Phillip Toledano


Phillip Toledano was born in London. He believes that photographs should be like unfinished sentences. There should always be space for questions. Toledano’s work is socio-political, and varies in medium, from photography, to installation. Toledano had a series called Days with my Father. This series is what sparked my interest in his work since I am working with my mother who suffers from rheumatoid Arthritis. It is a journal of him and his father (who suffers from short term memory loss) and the daily struggles and time they spend together from 2006-2009. I read that when his mother passed away Toledano had to explain this father daily why she wasn’t there and this became painful for the both of them. My own mother doesn’t have memory problems but her life is a daily struggle on what she can and can not do and is sometimes frustrating. Toledano had several other series but this one struck a personal note with me. Especially since I have such a good chance on inheriting RA and watching my mother might be a reflection me of in a few years.
His website is www.mrtoledano.com

No comments:

Post a Comment