Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Jackie Nelson Submits Robert and Shana Parkeharrison




After Libby showed us Robert and Shana Parkeharrison's work in class, I knew instantly that this is the type of work that excites me. Their work in Architect's Brother is so creative and after reading that they sometimes spend months constructing these scenes is impressive. One of the aspects of their work that I really enjoy is that they are landscapes. They have taken a subject that I love and have creatively turned it into a fantasy world. Their constructed scenes are executed so well that it appears as though this could be a real scene that could actually be stumbled upon. The concept is genius to me and is portrayed in a comical way. This work reminds me of Jay Gould except he is more trying to find a way to juxtapose science into his photos. As far as color goes in Architect's Brother, I'm not too crazy about it. I'm more attracted to their newer work Counterpoint. Again, great ideas but I chose not to talk about Counterpoint because I have no idea what it is about.

http://www.parkeharrison.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment