Monday, August 2, 2010

Haydeé Muñoz submits Pedro Meyer



Pedro Meyer was born in Spain, but since he is jewish he and his family fled to Mexico during WWII. He is a very productive artists with many series of work. He is mainly a documentary photographer since he intends to let reality speak by itself. Through documentation he brings out many issues found in his everyday photos. I admire his ability to enhance reality and his eye for analysis of cultures and events. Unfortunately, I could not find photos that I could upload but there are several galleries in his website: www.pedromeyer.com. Right now he is presenting his series heresies in over 60 museum around the world. The photo I uploaded is the front page of the Earthquake gallery, which is a series that document a very strong earthquake that happened in Mexico city in 1985 that almost destroyed the entire city. This series was one of my favorites because of the way he makes such an awful event sad but poetic. I also enjoyed his series The United States which is a series of documentary photos of the U.S. but they are as well very poetic but political at the same time. I believe he takes documentation to a further level because his photos are beautiful and have various layers of meaning.

No comments:

Post a Comment