Monday, August 2, 2010

Haydeé Muñoz submits Ruben Ochoa




I likes his series Bestiario. In this series he reinvents the seven deadly sins for the catholic church into new seven that will be adapted to our present society. He also invented a technique of printing on a stone that can only be found in Yucatan, Mexico. I enjoy his imagery as well as the concept. I believe his concept is very successful because he is challenging a past tradition by making it more modern, so he is criticizing norms and the church in an open way. I love the graphic quality of his photos and the yellowness on them because they give them a sense of modernity and antiqueness at the same time which works for the concept. I think that the stone works for the concept too because it evokes the ten commandments. I believe he is a positive resource because of his innovation in material and development of concept.

No comments:

Post a Comment